| ||August 31, 2011|
Northern Tiger Exploration Update - New Gold Targets Identified at 3Ace and Sprogge Properties, Yukon
| ||August 31, 2011: Northern Tiger Resources Inc. ("Northern Tiger" or the "Company") (NTR: TSX-V) is pleased to provide an exploration update on its 2011 Yukon exploration program. A new bedrock gold occurrence has been discovered at the 3Ace property and a significant new mineralized trend has also been identified on the adjacent Sprogge property. Drilling is complete at the Sonora Gulch project in the Dawson Range (2,649 metres in 9 holes), and two drills are now turning at the 3Ace property in southeast Yukon. Both drill programs were designed to follow up high-grade gold drill discoveries made in 2010. Surface exploration programs were completed at a number of Northern Tiger's other properties and are on-going at the 3Ace-Sprogge property.|
"Our Sonora Gulch drill program is complete and a second drill is now turning at 3Ace," says Greg Hayes, President of Northern Tiger. "Successful prospecting efforts at 3Ace and Sprogge continue to expand the extent of known mineralization. A late spring thaw delayed the start of drilling and the sheer volume of exploration work in the Yukon is significantly affecting lab turnaround times, but we anticipate being able to start reporting drill results in the near future."
3Ace and Sprogge Projects
Surface exploration and drilling commenced at the end of June at the contiguous 3Ace and Sprogge properties, which now cover in excess of 225 km2. A total of 3,788 metres of diamond drilling has been completed to date in the Main Zone at the 3Ace property where two diamond drill holes in 2010 intersected significant gold mineralization (including 4.3 g/t gold over 30.3 metres and 14.8 g/t gold over 10.9 metres - see news release dated November 4, 2010). Drilling has intersected significant folding and faulting resulting in challenging drilling conditions and a number of holes not being completed to target depths. To compensate for the lower than anticipated drilling production to-date, a second drill was mobilized to the property and is currently drilling on Green Zone West (a 1,000 metre by 500 metre anomaly averaging 115 ppb gold-in-soils). Both rigs will continue working until the onset of winter weather makes drilling impractical.
In addition to the drilling, the following work is completed or underway at the 3Ace and Sprogge properties:
Sonora Gulch Project
- A new bedrock gold occurrence has been identified on the 3Ace property, approximately 1,200 metres northwest of the Main Zone. A grab sample from the new area returned 11.2 g/t gold. Similar to the Main Zone, the mineralization is found in quartz veins hosted in quartz pebble conglomerate and is associated with disseminated arsenopyrite.
- Prospecting has identified 9 additional new mineralized occurrences on 3Ace, and a new 3 kilometre trend of alteration and sulphide mineralization on Sprogge. Each new occurrence has visible sulphide mineralization, including arsenopyrite, pyrite, malachite or galena.
- A total of 248 rock samples, 420 silt samples and 2,684 soil samples have been collected from 3Ace and Sprogge to-date; results are pending.
- High resolution satellite imagery has been acquired to assist in identifying large scale structural features.
- A 45-man camp has been constructed on the all-weather Nahanni Range Road which cuts across the project area.
- A helicopter-supported magnetic and radiometric airborne geophysical survey has commenced on the property. The survey will cover the core areas at both 3Ace and Sprogge at 50 meter line-spacing, and the rest of the claim block at 100 meter line-spacing. Seven other satellite properties staked south of 3Ace will also be flown at 100 meter line-spacing. The total survey will be 5,611 line-kilometres.
Drilling at Sonora Gulch started on June 13th, and was completed on July 8th. Nine diamond drill holes were completed totalling 2,649 metres. The focus of the 2011 drill program was the Gold Vein Zone -- a 1.4 kilometre long geochemical anomaly averaging 161 ppb gold-in-soils. A single drill hole testing the anomaly in 2010 returned a discovery intercept of 7.6 g/t gold and 155.5 g/t silver over 6.0 metres (see news release dated October 28, 2010). In addition, key holes from Sonora Gulch were re-logged to facilitate a comprehensive modelling of the Sonora Gulch data obtained to-date.
Other Yukon Properties
Additional surface exploration programs consisting of prospecting, sampling, mapping and geophysical surveys were conducted at other Yukon properties, including:
This News Release has been reviewed and approved by Dennis Ouellette, B.Sc., P.Geol., a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. 3Ace and Sprogge rock samples were analyzed by Inspectorate America Corporation of Richmond, British Columbia using 50 gram fire assay and 50-element, 4-acid ICP analysis.
- Korat in the White Gold area - 411 soil and rock samples were taken.
- Birman in the White Gold area - 205 soil, silt and rock samples were taken.
- Chopin in the Dawson Range area - 464 soil, silt and rock samples were taken.
- Bond in the Dawson Range area - an induced polarization survey was completed over a copper geochemical anomaly.
- Del in the Dawson Range area - 45 soil, silt and rock samples were taken.
- Led in the Dawson Range area - 34 soil and rock samples were taken.
- DEET at the headwaters of the Livingstone placer district - 174 soil, silt and rock samples were taken.
Northern Tiger Resources Inc. (NTR: TSX-V) is a Canadian-based resource exploration company focused on gold and copper exploration in the rapidly developing Yukon. The company has an impressive portfolio of gold and copper focused projects in the Yukon, including 3Ace, Sprogge, Sonora Gulch and five properties prospective for Minto-style high-grade copper mineralization. Through its exploration alliance with Capstone Mining Corp.'s wholly owned subsidiary, Minto Explorations Ltd., Northern Tiger benefits from a wide range of experience, knowledge and capabilities from early exploration to mine production.
For further information please contact:
Greg Hayes, President and CEO
This news release may contain forward looking statements, being statements which are not historical facts, including, without limitation, statements regarding potential mineralization, exploration results, resource or reserve estimates, anticipated production or results, sales, revenues, costs, "best-efforts" financings or discussions of future plans and objectives. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove accurate. Such statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those anticipated or projected. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's expectations are in Company documents filed from time to time with the TSX Venture Exchange and provincial securities regulators, most of which are available at www.sedar.com. Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
You can view the Next News Releases item: Thu Sep 8, 2011, Northern Tiger Resources Silt Survey Identifies New Gold Anomalies at 3Ace Property, Yukon
You can view the Previous News Releases item: Wed Jul 27, 2011, Northern Tiger Resources Repurchases Back-In Rights on Sonora Gulch Property, Yukon
You can return to the main News Releases page, or press the Back button on your browser.